Pages

Saturday, January 6, 2018

Updates About My Transfer

Well, As I told you all last time, I have emergency transfers this week. And some of you have asked, so it was caused because a missionary went home on Jan 1 so he could go to BYU. So that is that. But the crazy thing is, I am still not in Puerto Cabezas. And will not get there till next Wednesday or Thursday.

On Wednesday I came to Managua, thinking that I would go to my new area on Thursday with the Zone Leaders of Puerto Cabezas. But It didn't work out with the plane tickets, so I have been here in Managua all week helping out the secretaries with all of their duties. I will go to my new area on I think Wednesday when the zone comes here for a party that President Poncio is giving them for breaking the mission record for baptisms as a zone (82). So then I will be heading to Puerto on an 18-24 hour bus ride. It should be like home, thinking of all the buses I have ridden these past 18 months.

But this week has been fun. I am living in the house where the APs live. Its a huge house and it has hot water. So I took my first hot water shower in the last 18 months the other day. It was awesome. I did get my Christmas package as well, So in my stay here I have been enjoying all of the treats that were in there.

As of what I have done so far... I have done a little office work, like making magnets, and doing family history. We also had to go drop some stuff off in Leon, and I was the only one that knew that area, so I got to go with Elder Howell (Idaho) In the mission truck (no I was not driving) to go back to Leon. It was pretty cool. I took him to the Cathedral that day cuz he wanted to see it. Then the same thing happened the next day when we had to go to Tipitapa. I went cuz I knew that area as well. So I have been traveling this week and teaching a bit at night as well.

Last night, a missionary that has malaria had to go to the hospital, and because I don't have a comp or really any jobs right now, I stayed the night with him. I slept on a cool pull out bed/couch. I slept fine. But in the morning, he got sent to ICU so I couldn't stay with him all day, so I am now with the secretaries. It is fun. Today is their P-day so I get 2 this week! And I get to go to the party for Puerto Cabezas next week as well when they come down. It should be fun!

We just got done playing soccer, and it was good times. Tomorrow we have church at 8am. So we will have to get up really early.

Well that is all for this week, stay frosty!

-Elder Taylor


Me in the mission truck with Elder Bennion (Idaho)

Me right now

No comments:

Post a Comment