Pages

Saturday, July 23, 2016

"Not Slytherin.. Not Slytherin..." -Harry Potter

In Just 9 days, I will be in the Jungle of Nicaragua! In 3 days, I will be the part of the oldest district in the zone. All of the people that were here when I showed up will be in the field. It's a weird thought.

Last Sunday we had the usual devotional. They made it appear as though the speaker didn't show up. We watched an Elder Bednar talk to start out. Which is weird because we usually watch a movie after the speaker. But when it ended, Elder Bednar was there in person. He didn't give a talk, but instead had a Q&A. It was pretty cool to have him there. That night we also beat, our previous record for choir attendance, we had 1400 missionaries. (The MTC had about 3000 missionaries last week)

Our zone is starting to become a mini Hollywood. We have many famous sounding/looking missionaries. For example: Elder "Lightning" McQueen, Elder Batman (See Photo for proof), Elder "Holy" McGrail, and Hermana Bond. And our Elder Rich is pretty much a real life Mr. Incredible.

The MTC decided to bless us with a one month gift. I rained here for the first time the entire time i've been here. Just a cool side note.

The past 2 weeks, when we went to the Temple, we got breakfast there as well. You can get 3 biscuits and gravy, with hashbrowns and a drink for $5. Its pretty awesome!

Yesterday I got a haircut. Elder Perry went to get his hair cut because we need one before we leave the MTC. I didn't plan on getting one but they had an open seat so my awesome locks are gone :( But it will feel good in the jungle.

That's all ive got this week. Hopefully ive got some more to write about when I get into Nicaragua. But till then, Have a great Pioneer day!

-Elder Taylor



Elder Batman and me (That's his "I'm Batman" face)
Batman's Name Tag
Pic with the Nicaraguan flag that now hangs in our room

And a pic with my favorite hat!
(A treasure passed down for generations) 

No comments:

Post a Comment