Pages

Saturday, July 2, 2016

Horseshoes and Hand Grenades

This week was a good one here at the MTC. Sunday was a bit different than I thought that it would be. There was usual sleep in till 11 :(. 

We started out with priesthood meeting at about 9. Then instead of staying here for lunch, we walked over to BYU and had a big meal. They did not hold back! When we returned, we had some study time.( There is a lot of study time at the MTC!) During that study time I wrote a talk. Every missionary has to write a talk, because they randomly choose 2-3 missionaries on the spot to give a talk. I didn't get chosen this time. The meeting is completely in Spanish, From the hymns, to speakers, to the sacrament prayers. It's kinda cool. 
Every day this week we have taught our "investigator" Martha. We had to prepare a lesson every day with something new to teach her. On Thursday, we had no time to prepare a lesson because we had a sub teacher that told us how to prepare for a lesson but then gave us no time to do so. We just went in to the lesson and taught about how the gospel can bless families. And how they can be together forever. It went well I thought.

Yesterday, we found out that our class actually has 2 teachers.(We thought that we only had one this whole time) It turned out that Martha was actually our teacher! It was kind of strange having our "investigator"  be our teacher.

Our zone really likes to play 4 square during our exersize time. I have played it three times this week! I feel like im back in 5th grade. The other days my companions and I play soccer out at the field.  The weather is always hot though. But its better than cold weather I think! (Good thing I'm going to Nicaragua rather than Alaska)

It turns out that most of my zone is goofballs like myself. We all came up with out own dance moves and Elder Walker loves to do his a lot. (See Video: Elder Cole in Blue, me, Then elder Walker)

I get along with my companions all right, we all have a good time together. 

A funny thing that happened yesterday, Elder Walker woke up, and the first thing that he did was get a handful of jelly beans, then went and took a shower. 

Well talk to you next week!
-Elder Lukas Taylor


Me, Elder Perry, Elder Walker
Elder Walker and me
A bunch of hot air balloons outside our window



The Dance


No comments:

Post a Comment