Pages

Saturday, July 16, 2016

HUMP DAY!!!

This week is a good one because it means that I am past the halfway point in the MTC! I leave 2 weeks from Monday (AUG 1). 

Last Sunday was a good one. My companions and I taught priesthood. I think that it went well. And we got to know the new elders better. I also found out on Sunday we are now the Sacrament Coordinators. The Elders that were doing it shipped out to Costa Rica, so they chose us. Basically, we just choose people to bless and pass the sacrament each week. And we prepare it. 

I'm not sure if I've written about One Shots yet, but I'll write about it anyways. At breakfast there is almost always doughnuts. So we try every once in a while to eat the entire doughnut in one bite. Its harder than it sounds. Elder Christensen has also "one shotted" an apple, orange, giant rice krispy treat, and a cinnamon roll. It is really impressive. (He cut the apple up and then put it all in his mouth)

On Wednesday, I had the opportunity to host 4 of  the new 690 missionaries that came in that day. (31 new missionaries in our zone alone) I was the guy that takes you from your family. The Elders that I helped, really didn't seem that fazed to be leaving their families. 2 of the Elders almost forgot to hug their mothers. But it got me out of class for a few hours. When you drop them off at their class, its like they forget about you. They open the door and *poof* you are forgotten. But its fun seeing them around the MTC.

This week we taught our investigator Ivette. She is really progressing. She is not afraid of the Book of Mormon anymore and is reading first Nephi. She really likes learning and is feeling the spirit. We have asked her to be baptized but is hesitant. I will keep you updated

Is Pokemon Go really such a big thing? I think it must be, because I have heard about it from several sources here in the MTC.

Well, that's all for this week,
-Elder Taylor

My District
(Top- Miller, Perry, Me, Walker   Bottom- Cole, Moody, Christensen)

Showing off our new shirts
(Me, Elder Miller, Elder Cole)

Elder Nabo and me
(An elder that is really cool that left on Monday. Soccer Rookie OTY at Maryland U)​

No comments:

Post a Comment