Pages

Monday, May 29, 2017

At times when I say that I am now in Somoto I feel like its kind of crazy, but here I am. Somoto is a really pretty place. A bit hotter than Jalapa, but I'm getting used to it.

This week was crazy, I got here on Monday and on Tuesday we had our district meeting. We don't have any hermanas in our district and we are only 6 of us, but all of the people here are good. I'm enjoying myself here.

On Wednesday, it rained so hard. One of the strongest rains I've seen here. Within 5 mins of the rain starting, the streets were flooded. We were lucky enough to have some random dude let us into his house while it passed. After it passed we had to go to the other side of town, but there are rivers that run through town and so it was hard to get to the other side. But we made it once we found a small bridge to cross.




We have one member here that has met and hugged President Monson. She got baptized 2 weeks ago. She works with young girls that have abuse and many problems at home. And one way she can help them is with English classes. So on Saturday Elder Asplund and I taught English to these girls (ages 8-12) . It was kind of fun.

On Sunday we had 19 people at church with 4 investigators. (3 of which are these girls that we taught English) But is a good branch.

Till next week,


-Elder Taylor

Elder Aslpund and me
The flooded street​


Here is a video of a Fly that does Backflips!




No comments:

Post a Comment