Pages

Monday, November 28, 2016

State of Emergency

This week had the potential to be a week of destruction in Nicaragua. You may or may not have heard that Hurricane Otto swept through Nicaragua this week. We were told on Monday night to prepare a week's worth of food and water in case we had to stay indoors all week. But the week passed without a drop of rain. Then on Thursday, we heard on the news that an earthquake of 7.2 hit close to Nicaragua as well. So those close felt it and had a tsunami threat. But again, nothing happened. So all is still well here.

On Wednesday I went to Tipitapa and we were walking through the streets and this drunk dude wanted to shake my hand. So being the nice guy I am, I shook his hand. But he didn't let go. He had a firm grip and started asking me for help with this mind! I started walking away, but he didn't let go, so I was dragging this drunk dude through the streets. I eventually just peeled his hand off of me, and said goodbye. Just FYI, drunk dudes are strong

On Thursday we went on exchanges with the zone leaders in Loma Verde. So I packed my bags and headed off to Loma Verde with Elder Wilkes from Boise, Idaho. He came into the mission with me. We were working hard all day, and in the middle of it we ran into a evangelic pastor that told us that we are of the devil and If we don't get baptized in his church we are damned for all time and eternity! It was good times! And here the kids think its insulting to yell random words in English at the white people. This time it happened to be the numbers 1-5. It was funny as well.

When we had house inspections a couple of weeks ago, the mission president said that we had to clean out backyard and he would pay for someone to do it. So we had a couple of kids form the ward that need money for their missions clean it up. (See Pic) We found out that we have a lime tree in our backyard. We got about 6 lbs of limes. So its time for limeade!!!

On Saturday we had a baptism for our investigator Guadalupe. I have been teaching her since my first week in Nicaragua. She just was waiting to get married. (She is 16 and has an 8 month old!) But after 4 months, she finally was able to get married and baptized! It was really awesome to baptize her!

Side note: No they don't celebrate Thanksgiving here. Only one person asked when it was so they could know when black Friday was.


Rappers

On Saturday night after the baptism we had the ward Christmas activity. I was the DJ for a singing thing that we did. We dressed up like rappers. It was funny, I introduced myself in English and Nobody understood but they all cheered like they did. Good times indeed!

That's all for this week, stay warm with the freshly fallen snow!

-Elder Taylor






Guadalupe's Baptism
Guadalupe's Baptism


Backyard Clean up

Limeade!!

Backyard Clean up

No comments:

Post a Comment