Pages

Monday, September 12, 2016

Transfer Deadline 1

After much deliberation, and much time and thought. The mission president has come to a conclusion about my future in the mission. Do I stay or do I go to a new area? Well long story short... Im stay in here in Cuidadela for another transfer and Elder Sanchez will still be my companion. So no changes this time.

On Wednesday this week I woke up feeling really crappy! Headache, fever, stomach ache, the works. So I took a cold "Shower" and then went back to bed for an hour. After that, I felt much better. It was really weird. I was only sick for about 3 hours. And I still feel fine today.

I found out that they sell Oreos here in the little stores. So I got some. But I'm with the Canadians. That American Oreos are just better. These just lacked something that I cant put my finger on. I miss American food. I'm gonna be really fat after a few weeks at home.

On Thursday nights here, we go to the chapel and have what we call "Noche De Hermanamiento" or Night of Friendship. It's kind of like mutual, but for the whole ward. After the lesson that we had, we played this game where you have to run around a group of people while holding hands with another person. Think: Duck duck goose on steroids. When I was running with Elder Paz, the floor was slippery, and I wiped out! It was pretty funny. People are still giving me grief about it.

On Sunday, we had Stake Conference. The whole ward went to the church, and we got on a private bus to go to Waz Pan in Managua. Every ward had a bus there. So there were like 7 buses chillin at the church in Waz Pan. Our Mission President Poncio was there. And he gave a talk, and had all of the missionaries stand up. It was good to see all of the missionaries.

That night there was a Nicaraguan boxer fighting. Every house in the neighborhood had, their TVs on to watch the fight. When something interesting happened you knew it. And when he eventually won the fight, the city went crazy! Fireworks and everything!

We ended up not having Roberto's baptism this week, because his "Ex wife" is actually his girlfriend and they are now living together. So now we have two families waiting on marriage. Hopefully progress this week on those.

No pics this week, cuz my camera is having problems. Hopefully next week.

Stay frosty America!

-Elder Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment