Pages

Monday, September 19, 2016

BAND NAME!!! Spanish Sleep Talking

I came up with that name, when Elder Sanchez told me that sometimes I talk in my sleep. And sometimes it is in Spanish. I guess my brain is thinking in Spanish while I'm sleeping.

My eating habits have improved considerably here in Nicaragua. The other day, we were at a member's house for dinner. They gave us a fish. Skin, skeleton, eyes, head, everything! And I managed to eat all of the meat on the fish. I didn't eat the eyes though. But it was actually pretty good. And before, I couldn't eat a banana to save my life. But now, I can eat them just fine most of the time. Fried, normal, frozen. All sorts. Yesterday, I had a choco-banano. It is a frozen banana dipped in chocolate. People love them here.

On Thursday, it was a member's birthday. And here, that means that you smash eggs on their head, All of their friends came over for a party. All of them, and us, got eggs and smashed them on her head. It was pretty funny. I'm just worried for my birthday now!

Nobody here know what Ultimate Frisbee is. When they ask me what I played back home, I say frisbee. But, nobody knows what it is. I'll have to have a clinic one day. And the only payment is that you go to church and get baptized ;)

We went to this other part of our area about 20 mins away walking on Wednesday. We found a few families that may be good for teaching. But we just have to follow up on them. And for baptisms, we hope to have Roberto and Erica married and baptized this week. If not this week, the next one. The same thing with Guadelupe. So hopefully some baptisms in the next few weeks. And we have a dude that wants to be baptized, we just need to teach him.

So that's my life here in the Jungle. Till next week. Nos Vemos.
 
-Elder Taylor


No comments:

Post a Comment