Pages

Monday, August 14, 2017

New Comp...

This past week was decent. We found some really awesome new investigators. They are really humble and love to learn. They pray to know if things are true and always have them answered! If they can go to church, we can have them baptized soon. I really hope that they progress more. They just have to get married as well.

On Saturday we went to an Investigator's house to eat lunch. Her name is Rosa Pichardo. Her dad is a super awesome dude. And a member of the church. She made us pig soup. (See pics) It was really good.  Easily top 5 soups of my life.

On Sunday we only had 11 people at church. All of the people that said that they would go, all flaked and didnt go. Even the High Counsil rep for here didn't come for family probs. We are going to work hard this week to get all the people to church. Also, on Sunday, we got the news that my comp, Elder Espinoza would be going to Esteli and that my new comp would be Elder Ramos. He is from Tegucigalpa Honduras. He seems really chill. I think that we will get along well.

Today (Monday) I was woken up at 5am to fireworks and all sorts of bombs. Today is something called the Purizima. I'm not sure what it is called in English. (If you know, send me an email) Pretty much it's just a holiday that all of the Catholics set up alters to the Virgin Mary and tonight people will go to each alter that people have set up and will yell "what causes so much joy? The concepteion of Mary" and they will give you treats and combs and what not. It seems to me to be like Halloween, but with the Virgin Mary. But to each thier own I guess. I will fill you out on how that goes next week. It is one of the biggest holidays here.

Well, that is all I've got, I will talk to yalls next week.


-Elder Taylor

 Here is a pic of me with my new comp Elder Ramos from Tegucigalpa, Honduras
We are eating pig soup with an investigator. It was really one of the best soups I've ever had. 

It has pork on the bone, baby corn, malanga, lime, and a lot of other things that are really tasty


Our zone t-shirt after breaking the baptism record as a zone​​


No comments:

Post a Comment