Pages

Monday, August 22, 2016

2 Down 22 to Go!

I have been a missionary for 2 months now exactly. And 3 weeks in Nicaragua. And im halfway through my first transfer!

Here in Nicaragua, the sun rises at about 5 o'clock every morning. And that wakes the dogs and the roosters up. So every morning around 5 I wake up for a moment to barking and roosters. The good thing is that I can fall right back asleep. But roosters really do wake you up. Not just on farms!

On Wednesday I went on spits with an Elder Estrada to Tipitapa. They live in a small apartment that is a fourth of the size of my house. But Tipitapa has cement streets.So it is a lot cleaner to walk around in. While on splits we went to this family's house and we committed their son to baptism.

Speaking of baptisms. Geovany was baptized on Saturday. And I got to do the ordinance. I messed up his name the first time. (Names are long here.) And I had a hard time getting the hands right. But we got it done! And he was confirmed yesterday in Sacrament Meeting.

I tried another new fruit this week. It looks like an apple from the outside, but inside is really sour seeds that look like boogers. They are tasty though. 

Other than that not much happened here. We are still trying to get more people to teach. We only have 1 baptism this week instead of 3. Roberto and Luis need to attend church 1 more time to be baptized. But Blanca is still on track!

Peace out, talk to you next week
 
-Elder Taylor


Geovany's Baptism

A cockroach that we threw into a spider web

The sour fruit that looks like boogers

A field that is in the outlandish part of our area




No comments:

Post a Comment